Thursday, December 24, 2009

Brand New Poem "Mother Dearest"

I just wrote this because of my mother...She's hard to deal with sometimes...

This goes out to you, mother dearest...
You seem to thrive on bringing pain, you sadist.
You dwell on things that have past, no matter how long it's been.
Time heals all wounds? I think not when you're in the scene.
You constantly bring me down, you're like lead in water wings.
Nonstop your tongue lashes, bitter and cruel towards all things.
Mother dearest, what have I done to displease?
Mother dearest, why must you bring me to my knees?
Mother dearest, why must you pick at the wound?
Mother dearest, why do you make me feel doomed?
I must go away now, mother dearest...
Do not look for me, for I am lost in your confounding forest.
Your brand of love stings me, it leaves an ache in my heart.
Your brand of care leaves nothing to me, it tears me apart.
So mother dearest, I will continue to wish for the best.
I will always carry you, deep inside my chest.
Mother dearest, I cannot bring myself to hate.
I could not go to your level, I could not be an ingrate.
I cherish all that you've done, those twisted, loving deeds.
But somehow inside of me, you planted the proper seeds.
I've grown into a man, caring, loyal and strong.
Maybe you knew, a part of your enigma all along.
So I thank you mother dearest, for making me who I am today.
And on my path of love and healing I will never go astray.

From the mind of Vincent Phillips to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment