Thursday, December 24, 2009

Love Poem "How Could I?"

How did I exist before we came to be?
There is no answer for this question, for I was not me
For when you found me, I was the shell of an abused man
I was used, abused, violated again and again
Those first words you spoke breathed life into me
Somehow it immediately set me free
I was cold when you found me, but your words set me on fire
The ice didn't even melt, just flashed to steam from my burning desire
From the first words you spoke, my spirit started to fly
I loved you so much, yet thought you would never love this guy

How could I have thought such a thing? I realize now that I'm your soulmate
How could I have been afraid of you? You made me feel so great.
How could I have been missing this for all of my life?
I never thought that someone would be so necessary for me to survive
When you told me you loved me too, I couldn't believe it at first
Those simple words made my entire being feel so full it could burst
That was the beginning of our love for the rest of time
I was so happy with knowing that you were mine
And with you saying I was yours, I felt so at home
No longer did I feel that I was in this world alone

How could someone I barely knew have such an effect on me?
How could someone I just met feel so deep and affectionately?
How could a stranger to me be so familiar right from the start?
I don't care about the answers to these questions, as long as we never part
I still have you on this day, and I hope that I will for eternity
You are the most perfect woman for me, this is a certainty
How could I breathe when you steal my breath away?
How could I live without your warmth to keep the world at bay?
How could I exist without my other half?
I cannot let you go. To do so would be daft.

From the mind of Vincent Phillips to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment